The amenities are nice but the real star of the show at Palo Duro Creek Golf Course is the course design. Palo Duro Creek golf course is an 18-hole regulation course owned by the City of Canyon and is located in the Hunsley Hills addition of Canyon, Texas. The course was design by noted Colorado golf course architect Henry Hughes. The front nine was built in 1959 with holes on both sides of Palo Duro Creek. The back nine was built a few years later and weaves its way through the beautiful residences of Hunsley Hills. PDC is a par-72 course with a variety of tees to play ranging from 5,800 yards to 6,900 yards depending on your ability. The course is a fun, challenging course, with water from the Palo Duro Creek coming into play on 14 of the 18 holes. The course is comprised of Bermuda tees and fairways with bentgrass/poa greens. The Palo Duro Creek golf course is recognized as one of the most playable, yet challenging courses in the Texas panhandle.
- Soft Spikes Required.
- Brick fences and white stakes, streets and sidewalks are out of bounds.
- Ninety degree rule is always in effect, except par 3’s and in wet conditions.
- Rake Traps
- Replace Divots
- Repair Ball Marks
Please observe these rules of etiquette:
- Each player must have one bag of clubs.
- Power carts must be kept off tees, greens, aprons and collars.
- Shirts with collars must be worn.
- Maximum fivesomes only.
- Fivesomes should eliminate honors. Please play ready golf.
- Disregard for rules, littering, and slow play are cause for removal without refund.